News & Events
Beware of Fraudulent Billings Impersonating a ClassNK Staff
We have been receiving an increasing number of reports to our Society recently that fraudulent e-mails such as below have been sent to parties concerned.
- Received an e-mail: "We have changed our bank account and would like you to transfer the money to our new account” or “Since the current bank account has a problem, please reply to this mail so I can direct you to another bank account."
- Received an invoice with a revised / replaced account number.
The following examples of fraudulent e-mails have been detected:
- The e-mail address contains "classnk" or a similar string. (such as: classnk-jp.com, clasnk.jp)
- The e-mail domain showing the Society's email address (@classnk.or.jp), however it goes to a different address when you reply.
- Part of the invoice appears to have been tampered, especially the bank account.
These are considered as fraudulent e-mails, and have nothing to do with our Society, so please be careful.
Please be informed that there are no plan to change the bank account at our Tokyo Head Office of the Society.
If you receive a suspicious e-mail, please check the contents with ClassNK Finance Department (TEL: +81-3-5226-2015 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) without replying or responding to such e-mail.