New amendment shall be applied to the following types of ships engaged on international voyages:
(1) Cargo ships, including high-speed craft, of 300GT and upwards;
(2) Passenger ships, including high-speed passenger craft; and
(3) Self propelled mobile offshore drilling units, not on location.
(1) ships constructed on or after 31 Dec. 2008: on the date of completion;
(2) ships constructed before 31 December 2008 and certified for operations in sea areas A1 and A2, and sea areas A1, A2 and A3: not later than the first survey of the radio installation after 31 December 2008;
(3) ships constructed before 31 December 2008 and certified for operations in sea areas A1, A2, A3 and A4: not later than the first survey of the radio installation after 1 July 2009. However, these ships shall comply with the provisions of subparagraph (2) above whilst they operate within sea areas A1, A2 and A3; and
(4) Ships, irrespective of the date of construction, fitted with AIS, and operated exclusively within sea area A1 shall not be required to comply with the provisions of this regulation.
(1) Inmarsat-C and Inmarsat-Mini C are presently considered as LRIT shipborne equipment available on ships of sea areas A1+A2 and sea areas A1+A2+A3.
(2) Inmarsat SES complied with IMO performance standards for LRIT.
(3) Successful completion of conformance test for LRIT shipborne equipment is essential.
(4) Existing INMARSAT-C which was not complied with the requirements of LRIT
(5) For Inmarsat-C and Inmarsat-Mini C other than the specified above, please ascertain its conformity to the requirements of LRIT shipborne equipment with the manufacturer.
(6) LRIT shipborne equipment available for sea area A4 is under research.
(1) The conformance test should be conducted either by a recognized ASP or by an authorized testing ASP.
(2) The test is estimated to last for 30 hours from operational activation.
(3) On satisfactory completion of a conformance tests, the ASP conducting the test should issue a Conformance Test Report on behalf of the Administration
(4) The conformance test should be conducted prior to the date of Survey.
(1) Authorized testing ASPs assigned by the Flag State AuthorityTesting Application Service Provider
(2) Recognized ASP and National Data Centre Under research. They will be registered with IMO's list.
(1) IMO Documents MSC.1/Circ.1307 and MSC.1/Circ.1309 were attached.
(2) ClassNK Technical Information TEC-0750 and TEC-0754 were informed on Internet ClassNK Home page.