Policy for the Protection of Personal Information
Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (hereafter referred to as the “Society”) expands business activities, handling the personal information of our customers (including clients hereafter referred to as the “Customers”) and each person who engages in work for the Society (including persons employed based on an employment contract such as “regular employees”, “fixed-term employees”, “part-time employees”, as well as the executives, business contractors and dispatched workers. hereafter referred to as the “Employees”.)
The Society has established the POLICY FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION recognizing that proper handling of personal information of the Customers/Employees is an important social responsibility to attain the purpose of the Society. The Society shall ensure this policy is widely disseminated to all employees, promote compliance with it and endeavor to handle personal information appropriately.
- The Society shall engage in the following activities:
- The Society shall properly acquire, use and provide personal information of the Customers/Employees within the scope necessary to achieve the intended purpose specified in the business activities. The Society shall take measures for the establishment of, notification of and compliance with the rules and regulations, so that it can enhance the inner management of the Society and prevent the Employees from using personal information for other purposes.
- The Society shall implement necessary and appropriate Safety Control Measures and endeavor to prevent accidents, such as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, and damages of personal information by theft or unauthorized taking or transfer, as well as legal violation, disrepute and negative impact on individuals, and shall promptly take corrective measures in case any accident occurs.
- The Society shall comply with and uphold up-to-date laws and regulations on personal information.
- The Society shall respond promptly and appropriately to the consultations and complaints concerning personal information.
- The Society shall establish, operate, check and rectify a system necessary to protect personal information and make ongoing efforts to improve its service.
(1) Classification and registration of ships and ship installations;
(2) Survey of ship, machinery for marine use, equipment, other fittings, structures and materials, etc.;
(3) Audit and registration of safety management systems, ship security systems and maritime labour systems;
(4) Audit and registration of various management systems;
(5) Verification and certification concerning safety and environmental conservation;
(6) Inspection and certification concerning renewable energy;
(7) Technical services;
(8) Development of human resources;
(9) Dispatching of temporary workers;
(10) Research and development;
(11) Conventions matters
(12) IT services
(13) International activities
(14) Such other operations or activities necessary to achieve the purposes of the Society.
(15) Recruitment, employment, labor and personnel management
(16) General affairs, finance operations, business planning and business activities to support the each activity of the Society
(17) Such other incidental activities necessary to carry out operations in every sector of the Society
For inquiries contact:
Customer Services, General Affairs Department, Nippon Kaiji Kyokai
Telephone: +81-3-5226-2011 Fax: +81-3-5226-2012
6th March 2018
Representative Director, President & CEO